View Single Post
Old 20th May 2017, 08:47 PM

Default D3 S8 sort close not working on any doors, rear right door not locking at all.

Dear All,

Can anyone tell me what checks I need to make to figure out why none of my doors soft close are working? Surely all the actuators are not likely to have failed at the same time. The trunk soft close works but none of my doors work.

Ps. Only discovered softclose feature was fitted when I took the rear right door card off to figure out the following lock problem.

The right rear door does not lock at all. When I press the key the door makes a click but does not lock. The alarm also does not chirp when I lock the car. It it likely this lock has failed?

I just discovered a retangular slot on the edge of the door accessible when open, if I push the key in to this slot tyere Is a ćlick. The Door will then lock when I press the key. The alarm will also chirp. If I unlock with the key however the door will not unlock, I can only unlock when I pull the handle inside to open the door.

VCDS reports: Door Rear Right
1 fault found
02115 Door locking unit for central locking
008 implausible signal. Intermittent.

Thanks for any guidance you can offer.