View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:03 PM

High Lee yes, but is doesn't work unless you seperate out a single wire, can't do + & - in the clamp together.

A bit of sun and no snow so I took both calipers off today.
Left and right are not physically interchangeable (I was wrong when I said that earlier) but are electrically identical.
I swapped them over and blocked the piston with a block of wood. The problem stays on the same side so definitely wiring problem.

Attachment 17786

I cut into my previous repair which was still perfect but the damp wire had continued to corrode further along. (black wire syndrome)

Attachment 17790

Attachment 17788

Attachment 17789

Very bad, I cut it back as far as I could and cleaned and de-oxidied with deoxit and scraping with a scalpel. Soldered on new wires and connector, but same errors. I think the wire is too far gone.

Attachment 17787

I have looked at the loom and I can see branches split off to speed sensor, height sensor and EPB. They are all moulded into one tough insulated assembly that converges and disappears as one thicker rubberised cable up behind the rear wheel arch liner.

My options are to install a new partial loom but not sure how it fits, cut existing and splice in a partial used loom or to make another cable - EPB motor plug with 4 wires and wrap it as a loom all the way to EPB module and pop out the existing 4 and insert new ones.
Thinking about it.

Last edited by snapdragon; 23rd April 2020 at 08:18 AM.