View Single Post
Old 10th July 2019, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewH View Post
Did you ever get around to testing an A6 EPB module before diagnosing the wiring fault? A lot of A6 parts (4F0 part numbers) seem to be interchangable with A8 ones. I think this would be more likely to work than a module from the D4 A8.

I've also had a couple of intermittent parking brake faults in recent weeks. It's still working correctly now so I'm hoping it was just due to the cold weather as previously mentioned.

If I ever need to replace the module (or motors) in future then I'll try an A6 one. The 2-pin motors are also much cheaper.
Old thread I know but just wondering.. so on this note I recently purchased a Passat electric motor for the rear caliper and it was only around £25. It too had only two pins and the connector is physically mounted to the actual motor (as oppose to a wiring loom with the connector on the end of the loom, as is with the A8 D3).

I would be curious to know if I can somehow customise this to retrofit it to my rear caliper. What are the additional 2 wires for on the D3? Does anyone know?

thanks