View Single Post
Old 29th March 2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Hope all goes well with the op - I was day surgery thankfully - a week in there sounds quite intense....
Thanks Ian

Op went ahead as planned on Wednesday - yesterday (Saturday) I was moved from Brighton hospital to the nearby Nuffield private hospital, which has cancelled all its surgeries and is now taking suitable NHS patients away from the potentially more risky site which is a main treatment centre for CV cases (as well as having ongoing major building works, which my daily post-surgery walks took me through - literally!). It's a slow build up, but the facilities here are fab - unfortunately can't leave my room until fresh MRSA swabs have been processed to check I'm not carrying an infection! I'm not too bothered - just pacing the room to be mobile and thinking of those that've run marathons on their balconies, or in their back gardens, for inspiration!

Now have my own room and shower, and no bleeping alarms from drips all through the night (still can't sleep for more than 3 hours at a time though!)

Hopefully heading home tomorrow, but need a couple of things to happen before they'll let me go. Then it's into isolation at home and await biopsy results fingers and toes crossed!

A

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC