Thread: House Work
View Single Post
Old 17th July 2014, 11:30 AM

I thought this room would be easy sort out but did not turn out that easy.
The dogs gets in the way, our want to keep the chairs, jukebox and put all other things I have out of boxes.

With a black fire, black fire place, dark wood jukebox we wanted to make some selfs that kind of matched. so we went off to B&Q to see what they got. We found some nice dark wood conti board at a price that did not sit well with us. So we bought two this month which is enough to do one set of selves. This is enough to remove the 6 boxes of records, put the table away and generally make the room feel a bigger and better organised.

The left side alcove of the fire place is smaller than the right side.
The left side has a false wall on the right for the heating pipes and electrics.
The right side is pure brick all the way round and the juke box fits in with 5mm to spare so that dictates where the juke box and records go.

I started on the right side cause of the jukebox and records. Plus I'm not a fan of false walls, so I'm having to do some thinking about the left side alcove and make sure happy with it.

With the right side mainly being 12" records, I did the same design as the shelves in the front room but added an extra support on the back and brackets at each corner to stop the shelf from tilting or lifting up.

The bottom shelf was a bit touch and go on if the jukebox would fit under it.
It was tight but it fitted.

Shelving completed and room put back to some form of normality for now.

Can't forget the dogs.

Left side with the table in storage.

Hopefully I will have enough room to build the shelving for the 8 track player, reel to reel, 8mm projector, record player, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube and my 7" records.
I think I'm pushing it and I might have to reorganise the right hand side.
Time will tell when I get some more wood.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.

Last edited by ScottD3; 17th July 2014 at 12:58 PM.