View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynH View Post
That seems quite a nice solution and pretty cheap too.

What is your opinion after a couple of months use?

How do they fix onto the seat and do they seem secure?

Would it be possible to connect them into the MMI and display what is showing on the front screen such as TV or SatNav?

Every time I see this or the Audi screens in the D4 I shudder to think of someone hauling themselves out using the screen to grab hold of!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
They work really well. However, in hindsight I should have got the more expensive android version as the user interface is slightly better to navigate through.

As far as I’m aware it can be connected to the MMI but I haven’t got it connected that way. I do have it so you can watch one movie on both screens or two seperate movies, one on each screen via DVD, SD Card etc. Interestingly, I don’t think you can use an SD card with the OEM Screens.

The screen picture quality is incredible and at 11” they are larger than most on the market and look fantastic.

My installer wanted an OEM look so he used the same OEM mounting location for the brackets as can be seen in my photo above. However, one thing we didn’t consider was the amount of tiny vibration of the A8’s front passenger seat when no one is sitting in it. He told me that vibration doesn’t happen in the 7 series or S Class’s he’s fitted these in. As a result, the rear screen on that side does suffer from minor vibration. I’m currently working with the installer to see if we can adapt some OEM screen brackets to hold these screens as they are designed with a different shape which allows greater stability.

Even if someone grabbed the screen when getting out of the car they wouldn’t be able to pull them off the supports. They are solid.

Everyone whose seen them (including Poole Audi) thought they are genuine OEM screens and they look virtually identical, especially with the silver surround.

To summarise, in my opinion they’re definitely worth every penny and overal I’m delighted with them. Hope this helps.

2014 A8 D4 (4H) 3.0 TDi - Phantom Black Pearl / 21” S8 PLUS Alloys / Velvet Beige & Moor Brown Extended Leather Package / Alcantara Package / Comfort Seats With Heating, Cooling and 9 Stage Massage Function / Head Up Display / Adaptive Cruise Control with Pre-Sense Front / Active Lane Assist / Parking System Advanced 360 with Top View / Mobile Telephone High with Audi Connect / Google Maps Navigation / Cooled Glove Box / Twin 10” HD Rear Seat Entertainment System / WiFi / BOSE Surround Sound / Powered Soft Close Doors and Boot

Last edited by BigAl5; 26th March 2018 at 10:43 PM.