View Single Post
Old 10th December 2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Here's the full scan result attached.

Hope someone can tell me to buy it or run a mile!
The biggest surprise I got from reading that was that 'Tested Since Memory Clear' was the actual VCDS description, and not what I thought was your general comment.

If you've taken the car for a test drive, then the 5456 and 5463 errors about the starter are old codes, since the car obviously started. The 10087 neutral gear sensor is used in conjunction with Stop/Start functionality, but again, something I'm not familiar with.

With regards to everything else, the only 'real' issue seems to lie with the telephone receiver (01303), and I'll explain why with the radio (01044) error as a comparison. The following two links also provide a very good explanation of how to interpret the various parts:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...the-fault-code - This dates back to 2014 and is missing the 'Reset counter'.

https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/dtc_screen.php

The telephone error has this:

01303 - Telephone Transceiver (R36)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 254
Reset counter: 239

Based on the information in the links above, it show that the fault has a relatively high frequency of occurring. In this instance, the error has occurred (Fault Frequency) 254 times since it was first logged. The Reset Counter is currently sitting at 239 (there is a pre-assigned value for each fault), and if you go through what Ross-Tech describe as a full 'driving cycle' without that error code happening, it will decrease by one. Once it reaches zero, the code should 'presumably clear itself' (Ross-Tech words - so even they're not sure).

If you compare that to the radio error:

01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100000
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255

you'll see that the fault has only occurred once.

With that being the case, I'd be inclined to think that the issue with the telephone receiver might be causing the 02256 battery error.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds