View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2020, 06:29 PM

I thought it was quite interesting. I like that he covered the actual cost of charging from home, in pounds, shillings and pence, as opposed to kWh, charging rates or some other magical figure, and his experience is similar to what both you and Ian have mentioned previously.

The one thing that I find frustrating (and I don't even have an EV), is the charger lottery that you have to go through. You arrive at a charging station to find that none of the chargers will work with your car, or worse, the one that does has a car plugged into it, and it's not like sitting in the queue at the petrol station waiting for the car in front to fill up.

The other big issue is the insistence that you have to have the relevant app installed on your phone in order to use the charger ("Sorry sir, we won't sell you any Shell petrol as you don't have our phone app installed"). What is wrong with just being able to use that little plastic card that you carry around in your wallet? He mentions about them offering discounted prices if on subscription, but subscription to me means something similar to a phone contract, where you pay £x per month. Why are they making it so difficult to use their services?

As demonstrated in the video, this is where Tesla winds hands down every time, because they had the foresight to consider the infrastructure. Out of curiosity, for those Tesla owners that have to pay to use their charging stations, how do you pay, by card or by app?

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds