View Single Post
Old 4th August 2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
Sorry I was dipping in to this over the mobile while out driving all day yesterday I'd be suspecting fuel next like you as well then - has the fuel filter been changed, its not blocked is it?
I would have thought that the engine would run a but iffy all the time if the fuel filter were blocked. It's due a service anyway, so I shall be changing the filter in the next week or so along with all the other service items. Even with my old man's very sizeable discount it still comes to around £100 for all the air filters, oil filter, oil and fuel filter. Im used to doing a full service for nearer £30 haha.

The only thing with the fuel pressure theory is that you would expect the pressure to still be high if you switch the engine off then immediately restart. So when it just cranks over during an immediate restart.When I get it scanned next week I will get a read out of the fuel temperature as well. Its also possible that the fuel temp sensor is reading high and holding the injection off. So many possibilities!

Another thing it does when its hot, now that I think about it, is that it makes a nose that kind of sounds like a viscous fan. Sounds like its coming from the back of the engine/torque converter sort of area. cant really hear it the same outside the car but its definitely noticeable in the car.

I got the old D2 back on the road today. It had been sitting for a few weeks after I got the D3 and someone was coming to hopefully buy it. So I moved it to make sure everything was ok and the rear passenger side spring burst and came out through the wheel, bursting a the cv boot and the brake hose. It has sat in my workshop ever since until today. I forgot that you need to drop the subframe to fit the rear springs. I managed without doing it, but by god it was difficult! Needless to say the front brakes are seized now so going to have to do a little more work before I can advertise it again. As much as i oved that car, going back to it from the D3 is an experience. The D3 is just in a whole different universe!