View Single Post
Old 5th August 2017, 12:46 PM

I would really like to get hold of VCDS. When I checked the rosstech website though I was just confused. The shareware version would appear to do nothing of any great use and the VCDS lite version as far as I could tell, doesn't let you do most of the output tests that I wold like to be able to do. Where it comes to the full versions, the cheaper one only lets you use it on three cars. Seeing as i have currently got 4 audis (sold another one last week) thats not of much use, plus i tend to change cars fairly often as well as doing a lot of work on other peoples' cars. So I'd have to get the professional version to be of any use. I was really quite disappointed with the info on the rosstech site. You basically have to buy it to know what you can and cant do with each version. Add to that the description for VCDS lite basically translated as "you're too poor to buy the full version so you don't deserve to get anything useful", which found more than a little insulting.

If you have a link to one of the chinese versions mentioned above then feel free to PM me the link. I have also read about the OBDeleven but wasn't sure what the capabilities actually are for it. for instance, can you even read fuel pressure or change suspension heights etc?

I think you could well be right about a combination of things being the problem. I will try a drain test on th ebattery and see what the actaul drain is. I'm not sure how much use this will be though as the battery management module runs various things for various lengths of time so I reckon I would need to have some sort of thing that would read and record the battery drain with everything connected up.

There are quite a lot of threads in various forums on the net with the same issue, but I have only seen one so far that has been resolved. In his case it was a dodgy battery but as the PO of my car changed the battery to try and sort the problem I am 99% sure its not the problem wth my car. (the PO told me it only happened once every few weeks with him. I believe he only used it for commuting though, so didnt really have occasion to hot start it very often. If I'd known it was every hot start I probably wouldnt have bought the car, or would have at least tried to knock the price down a bit more)