View Single Post
Old 31st March 2017, 03:01 PM

Default 5 year guarantee - recommended

I had the 'pleasure' of having a replacement battery fitted recently, as the old one had started to cause similar problems. This was all done under the 5 year warranty from Harry Halfords. Original battery was £130 for a Bosch Silver and this was replaced for free with a Yuasa Silver instead.

I did wince at the initial cost (said the A8 owner lol) but the 5 year guarantee persuaded me to fork out the extra, and I'm glad I did. It's perhaps worth taking the time and effort to check the chassis rail connectors too if you can be bothered, as I was met with a dead car leaving work one day and that was something the recovery people couldn't fix at the side of the road. These connections get fuzzed up over time and need a good clean and reseating. This resulted in a slight click or nothing when trying to start the car. It was only after a new starter motor was fitted that the garage realised that the chassis rail connectors were to blame. Hey ho, I got a free starter motor gratis as they couldn't be bothered to remove it.