View Single Post
Old 14th March 2021, 07:44 PM

Back on the Green Beast Its been at Mike's for a month or so as it really needs the oil leaks sorting before being put back in to service, so there was no point in it going home then coming straight back.

One unpleasant surprise when the front panel came off - it appears to have suffered an impact on the lower right corner which has also damaged the radiator We were assuming that the escaping coolant was the oil cooler pipe, but alas also the radiator too. I'll get a replacement front panel from Prestige, and a new radiator.

Engine out

Its been out before, as there are a few tell-tales like wire routing and cable ties in odd places. The sensor ground wire was just chilling out behind the cylinder head!

and the left engine mount wasn't connected. The ECU didn't seem to mind about either

A three-fer here. The knock sensor plugs are toast, as usual. The vacuum pipes are all shredded, as usual. Not as usual though, the header tank t-piece snapped as soon as I touched it. Tbh I'm always pleasantly surprised when these don't snap, so I will replace this with a metal piece.

One of the heater hoses is badly distended. This wouldn't have lasted much longer so hopefully I'll have one in the box of pipes. These are NLA now though.

Engine and box on the separating table.

I'll split these tomorrow and start cleaning them up. Apart from the radiator, this one is pretty much all the usual suspects
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	89.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	25790   Click image for larger version

Name:	90.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	25791   Click image for larger version

Name:	91.jpg
Views:	463