View Single Post
Old 19th June 2018, 07:27 PM

Default Take the bad with the good

So after 12 months of looking tomorrow I have a B7 RS4 Cabriolet being delivered

Low mileage, good condition and a reasonable price - negligible difference in insurance from by S4 cab and I love the colour.

Trade value on the S4 was negligible due to mileage, lots of motorway use in early life, so today I had an MOT booked to put a fresh ticket on it and list it for sale on ebay as it stands. There are a couple of minor niggles that need fixing, but figured an easy life was worth the hit in price I'd take (2nd baby due next week). Drove fine this morning, but got to time for the MOT and it just kept cranking with no start No time to diagnose, didn't want to loose the pre-booked MOT fee, so jumped in the A8 which was due a test in a couple of weeks and took it to the MOT station as it stood totally unprepared.... passed without issue

Read the codes on the S4, it needs a crank position sensor - not the end of the world, but a PITA timing wise - did I mention heavily pregnant other half

So now my dilemma, sell the S4 as it stands "spares or repair", "buyer collects" - or take the skin off my arms fitting a CPS, put a MOT on it and list it then? Other outstanding niggles, it needs a roof motor (£95 fitted - in harrogate!?) and the AC need re-gassing. Tempted to cut my losses
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rs4.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	19582   Click image for larger version

Name:	rs4interior.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	19583