View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2019, 10:16 PM

Well, there has been no comments to the post and I have been quite because I did not really have much good to say. I hope you do not get too offended by my comments.

I am not sure how much value do you think the private plate brings in the sale of car. My opinion is that plate is worth £200-500 and then you may need to wait a long time to sell it. If you think that it's worth more you might want to keep the plate and sell the car separately. If I was buying car the plate would add no value at all for me.

As for the car itself the body/paint issues would be expensive to repair £500-1000. All the major things done to it were long time ago so does not really add to value, you would want cambelt to be changed every 5 years regardless of mileage and gearbox servicing every 2-5 years, it looks like it has not had anything major done since you bought it 6 years ago.

Dunlop Sport SP9000 and M3 tyres were are mismatched and while they were OK when new they were ageing very fast and becoming hard and little grip and pretty much useless when 3+ years old. They must have been out of manufacturing 10+ years now and in my opinion would need to be replaced immediately.

Sorry for the bad comments but at least exhaust should be nice , I am not going to say what I think it's worth as I am not interested in buying it anyway and only D2 that might tempt me would need to be with LPG.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure