View Single Post
Old 4th July 2019, 03:22 AM

Hi mate - not offended at all. I'll gladly take all comments on board. In all honesty I struggled with the pricing of the car. Took me ages to write the post and it took me nearly as long again to summon up a price. Only because of the combination of: firstly all the very valid points you've made (along with all the other issues that need sorting), secondly the current value of a D2 S8; I was of the belief that whilst they did bottom out a while ago, I figured prices had recovered somewhat and even appreciated slightly. And thirdly the current value (and desirability) of the private plate. Combining all those factors made it difficult to price.

With that in mind and your valuable comments - I guess I should re-evaluate the price. Last thing i want to do is offend people on here with an unrealistic price. I know that selling an '8, especially here of all places will garner the most scrutiny. And rightly so!

There is a fair bit of work needed on the car. Yes, the tyres should definitely be replaced and there are a few bodywork issues. These were all things that I was intending to sort out myself as I was going to keep the car indefinitely. Only due to my personal circumstances have i now unexpectedly had to sell.

The private plate is somewhat subjective. It's a fun little plate and gets lots of positive comments when I'm out and about. And it just belongs on a car like this. And it will definitely hold its value, no question.

£2750 (private plate still included). And remember it does have 12 months MOT.

Cheers

Last edited by Green Goblin; 8th July 2019 at 04:53 PM.