Thread: Today's Office
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Not directed at you Ray, but isn't it ridiculous that a bus load of football directors can break the speed limit and traffic regulations, and all with the help of those who are supposed to enforce such things.
Sean, you are quite correct with your observation, but it was organised assuming that Liverpool would lose and we needed to be away sharpish. In the end it was an unexpectedly quiet night after the match and I did not see any problems. I have seen and been involved in some terrible scenes after football matches. Bricks through windows are quite a norm, and I was once shot at on the East Lancs coming out of Manchester, luckily no injuries just a holed side window. The police on that one just kept going. And don't start me on things like the Miner's strikes, various French strikes and of course getting tour coaches out of Yugoslavia when that kicked off.

The convoy last night was not only me:
  1. Motorcycle outriders
  2. Team coach. A 15 metere like I reported on a couple of weeks back
  3. Vito with Barcelona camera crews
  4. Luggage van with team gear.
  5. Yours truly in a 30 seat Irizar diner coach
  6. 16 seater minibus with special hangers on
  7. Police van with riot crew on board.
On arrival at John Lennon we all went in the bus entrance but the three buses had to peel off into the security area.
All went well until all the pax had departed because then the airport security staff told us we had to reverse out of the security area. Not enough space to drive through. Really good planning. While the airport police were milling about making plans I just did it and buggered off home.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)