Thread: Today's Office
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 01:37 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
Today's Office should be "Five Days".
I am currently doing a five day tour at Thoresby Hall Hotel, one of the Warner's Hotels, adults only which usually means older folk like myself. Today is actually a day off for myself so I am able to partake of the facilities as if I was a true holidaymaker.
I mentioned the adults only because though in most areas it would make a pretty good base for an Annual Meet it would not suit us completely, we are family based.
On the way here Monday I drove over the Cat & Fiddle and stopped at Bakewell for a two hour lunch.
Tuesday I took them to Lincoln.
Wednesday Grantham and Newark had the pleasure.
Tomorrow, Friday, I'll be having a lunch break at Buxton on the way home.
Very nice

I headed over that way when I was desperately looking for venues for last years' annual meet but I stopped about 10 miles short of where you are now to check out Bolsover Castle, which is a nice place to visit if you have the time. I dismissed it as an annual meet venue because (like so many other potential venues I visited) they're weren't prepared to let us park inside the grounds, plus I thought it was a little too far out. Thankfully Biggin and Tissington were more accommodating.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust