View Single Post
Old 19th October 2017, 06:08 PM

FIXED

I had the three injectors that had high leak off volumes changed for second hand units from our sponsors (I think it's our sponsor anyway, prestige motor services, but they also seem to use the name A8parts) Got the injectors for £45 each in the end after asking for a discount and had them fitted for £140 at APDC Autos in Kirriemuir. I've used them before and highly recommend them. Both the guys are Audi trained master techs that have started out on their own.

The car starts on the button every time now. Just a couple of turns and it fires into life. It seems smoother as well although I'm not sure but it seems to be using slightly more fuel, early days for that though. The MPG had gone down considerably while it was at the garage, it had been sitting idling for a while to get it hot and was taken or a pretty spirited test drive from what I gather haha, so it might just be taking a while to get the average back up.

I have to say a HUGE thankyou to mechanicoLee for holding my hand and guiding me through the proper diagnostic techniques to get to the bottom of this problem. Without your help I would have given up and scrapped the car by now probably, I certainly would have sold it on at a considerable loss.

I can finally enjoy my A8 for more than a commuting bus!

gill