Thread: 47p2's Garage
View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2012, 08:09 AM

It's been just under 2 years since my monoblock was laid. The weather has been typically Scottish and rather wet to say the least and it has taken its toll on the appearance of the surface with lots of green vegetation and moss growing between the block. There are a few products you can buy to kill the moss, but they are not 100% effective and you still have to scrape out all the mess which with almost 400 Sqm would be a lot of work. So I decided that I would take the easy option and bought a Hard Surface Rotary Cleaner.

The only down side is you need a very powerful pressure washer to power the rotary and my Lavor which has 125 bar and 660 litres per hour is right on the edge which meant the rotary had to be re-jetted before it would operate.

The advantages of a rotary compared to a lance on a pressure washer are that there is much less mess with the rotary, the height between the surface and the block is a set height so less likely to wash all the sand out from between the block and the finish is easier to control with less of the surface area being missed with the rotary.

This was before

The edges should be cleaned first with the lance. This is not yet sanded

The finished product

This was yesterdays job, the small driveway which is still a little damp this morning

The other thing to bear in mind is that when you sand between the block you have to re-sand the area and get the sand to go in the spaces, I have a small compactor which I bought when building the garage and it is perfect for settling the sand in properly

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro