Thread: Wheel bearings
View Single Post
Old 21st April 2017, 03:43 PM

I had the same thinking, but I was so jarred about the lack of care they took, I decided to say goodbye to the whole 'dealership history' thing - especially as my car has been serviced independently before I bought it.

When it first went in for a service, they called me two hours later to tell me it was ready for collection. I asked them about the faults I'd asked them to look into and they hesitated and told me they couldn't find anything. I pushed a little harder and explained I didn't imagine the washer fluid leak and that every garage it had been to since I owned it had told me about a fluid leak near the back of the engine.

They agreed to take another look and then began the 16-week saga of them chasing their tails trying to find the problem with my car. When I finally got the keys back, I couldn't resist pointing out that they were happy to let the car go with a clean bill of health after a couple of hours (and charge me £800 for the privilege).

Unless it's something that explicitly requires a dealer, no thanks... and with my OCD, that's really saying something.

2008 Audi S8