View Single Post
Old 15th July 2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Normally yes, the MoT is the last step before they return home, but with this one being a slightly longer term project the work so far has been simply to get it roadworthy and driveable. With the exception of the interior, mechanically it is now in the state I normally receive them, ie working and driving but in need of some attention.

Parts prices are based on Prestige's pricing for used items, although most are coming from my own stock. New stuff is mostly coming from Autodoc.

I bought it from Bert because a long term rolling resto was the only viable way to save it, since its the last known example of Avus and extended red. It'll be going to a new home when its finished
Lucky new owner . I really think you need to get some "D2 Doctored" plaques to add to those cars that have been through your hands (literally!) - I'm sure it'd add to their future value.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.