View Single Post
Old 19th February 2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
That's a great souvenir to have, and despite my earlier cheeky comments the car looked great, think the lighting made it look even shinier
You can't beat Ebony Black for sheer shininess, especially indoor . Pity I didn't get to see it, but I'm looking forward to seeing in the daylight tomorrow morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Brilliant!
Yesterday Neil and I were talking to the owner of the company that makes those and he did think they had three signed for auction and one more that he didn't know the destination of.
Two for auction, one for Philip Glenister, and one for me, I think ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Looks like you all had a great day and Tintin's momento is a real treat to treasure.
It is, and I'm lucky to have it, and it kind of made up for not being able to be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
Steve your S8 is a stunner. And I do like the way they look sitting on those Avus wheels.
I agree - a bit more "muscular" than the 20s, weirdly...but maybe that's just the film connection in my brain

I do feel very, very fortunate to have the full deck of (a) diamond-cut 20s, (b) W12 '18s and (c) 6 spoke Avus 18s. I'm not sure that I can think of anything else I need really?. Now, anyone need a set of 18" 9 spokes?

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.