View Single Post
Old 25th February 2018, 01:19 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Looks like a good soundproofing plan Ainars!

I've not made much progress on my soundproofing yet. Had very little free time lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
I think I need to get in staking as well, that's the part I have not tried yet, just need to decide the which coins to stake. What are the HDD space requirements for the coins you are staking and how fast is the space used growing?
To be honest, I haven't done much research into what's most profitable, I've just been staking what I have. In other words, I bought the altcoins that I am staking primarily as an investment but decided I might as well stake them too. There's probably a few more of the (now 40+) alts I have that I could stake but right now I'm mainly staking NEO, Deep Onion and Linda Coin.

NEO takes no resources at all to stake; you don't even need to leave the wallet open. You earn NEO GAS just by owning NEO. Both Deep Onion and Linda Coin use Qt wallets and only take about 500MB of memory and disk space each. Deep Onion doesn't earn a great deal. I have a little less than 600 ONION and it earns maybe 2-3 ONION per month. Linda Coin is probably the better earner, especially if you can afford enough to have a masternode. Presently a masternode is ridiculously expensive, requiring 30 million LINDA but, if I understand correctly, Linda Coin will be forking in the very near future and one of the changes will be a reduction to 2 million coins to run a masternode (there was a recent developer discussion about it, and other developments, here). Staking Linda Coin earns a lot less than running a masternode does, but it still gives a reasonable ROI -- probably in the region of about 20,000 LINDA per month for every 1 million staked.

Quote:
I came across this and wondered if it was possible

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2056032.0
Looking very briefly at it, I suppose it might work if the S9 allows for frequency and fan speed adjustment via the config files. Quickly putty-ing into mine just now (default user root, pw admin), it looks like the main config file is bmminer.conf (use 'cd /config' then 'ls' to list the folder contents. 'cat bmminer.conf' will display the contents of bmminer.conf).

Quote:
Bitmain released new batch of L3+ at a bit lower price, I am tempted to buy 1 or 2 more and possibly sell S9 as the L3+ is lower power consumption and lower noise but on the other hand don't want too much eggs in one basket.
I have 2 L3+ miners due to be dispatched soon (March batch) that I bought on a whim. I'm not sure what I'm doing with them yet. I ordered them with the intention of either keeping them or selling one or two of them on Ebay for a profit but I could let you (or anyone else here) have one or both of them for what I paid for them if I decide not to use them myself.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 25th February 2018 at 01:21 PM.