View Single Post
Old 14th April 2018, 07:18 AM

+1 on aftermarket cats - the market is dominated by incredibly poor quality parts (I did some work investigating this in my previous job, with a view to instigating a change in legislation which hasn't yet happened)

I found a company in Germany that will refurbish your cats with metal substrate rather than ceramic and turn around time was pretty good. Germany has a higher level emissions test and their market isn't overly dominated by crap product - any product marked Blauer Engel (Blue Angel) meets that higher standard but supply of A8 aftermarket products is pretty limited and I've not checked what's out there for the D3.

Details are in this thread:

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...highlight=cats

I priced up OEM D2 cats and they were about £1k each, so a good saving if you assume that all cats will fail sooner rather than later.

Adrian

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC