View Single Post
Old 31st January 2019, 12:50 AM

Default MMI Battery Gauge Stuck on 10%

I had a flat battery the other morning after a night shift, not sure if it was the driver's door handle or running VCDS the day before. 20 mins on fast charge and it was enough to start and get home by which time MMI was at 80%.
Went to bed and battery was flat again in the afternoon, so charged fully off the car. All was OK, but same again the next morning but battery gauge in MMI never moved off 10% even after 90 mins driving and finishing the charge on the charger with the charging post. I disconnected again to reboot the BEM. Still 10% after driving to work this evening, I brought my charger and 50m extension real this time, but just been out and tested an it was perfect. Still showing 10%. VCDS shows battery internal resistance 9OHM which doesn't sound right.

DO you think I fried the BEM - maybe try recoding as new battery or is it telling me the battery is junk status? Even though the battery is now fine (cranks really fast) , it is shutting stuff like the power boot and alarm off.