View Single Post
Old 15th July 2017, 07:48 PM

I'm full of apologies this week.
We drive down to Chepstow on the Friday afternoon and the celebrations/gathering starts that evening in the Warrant Officers Mess with supper, dancing and a little bit of imbibing fizzy falling down liquid.
Saturday morning I'm needed at the racecourse for setting up our Heritage Trail Display followed by a light lunch then the AGM. Which leaves us just enough time to pack up the displays and head back to the hotel for a wash and brush up. Back to the racecourse for imbibing some fresh giggling juice, slobbering up dinner, and making a fool of myself on the dance floor. Hopefully managing to return to our hotel after seeing the old codgers safely off the racecourse in the booked coach back to their own hotels.
Sunday morning after a decent fryup brekkie (NAAFI style) drive to the barracks for Church Parade where with more luck than judgement, I might just be able to hold the Standard correctly and march with some kind of synchronicity with everyone else (i am usually recognised as being the only one in step).
Gwen and I normally set off home after the Church service but this year the Incumbent Regiment is laying on a special Open Day on Sunday afternoon and have stupidly asked me to parade our colours again. I guess a bit of liquid lunch fortication might assist me to perform without falling over.
All of this hectic shennanigans means that Castle Comb will have to be a no-show for yours truly.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)