View Single Post
Old 19th November 2017, 01:36 PM

They were $1399 + $135 shipping and I was going to try 1 but they sold out while I was waiting response from Baikal about their bank fees so that I know how much to send that I do not end up paying not enough.

Also the algorithms they run are fairly small networks so if a lot of these miners go online difficulty will increase and payout go down. Look at what happened to D3 and X11 algorithm. In July it would have earned 10k/month, now only £105/ month with £85/month running costs. No mention what the other 2 algorithms they will be adding.

L3+ and S9 are probably the safest bet for now because Bitcoin network is so big, something like equivalent to 850k S9s that it will be hard to make big impact in short time with new miners when they become available. And while Litecoin is not that big it's still something like 700k L3+s and L3+ is lower power consumption 800W (or 1000W if you overclock it +25%). There are other coins on both SHA256 and Scrypt so overall network size is harder to judge. Quark and Qubit is even harder to estimate as the Quark coin network is only 2-4 of Giant X10 but the quark algorithm on nice hash is the same as 320 of x10s, qubit on nicehash is same as 13 of x10s And the other 2 Groestl and skein are just a part of X11 that they decided to offer to run as single algorithm instead of all 11, I don't even if or what is using them on it's own anyway. The 2 new algoritms they mention could be just another 2 of 11 algorithms from X11 on their own.

I think it's probably best I missed out on it but will check out again end of December/ early January to see if I missed opportunity or dodged the bullet.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 19th November 2017 at 02:13 PM.