View Single Post
Old 20th February 2015, 08:31 PM

Well done, Ian.

The C6 is epic, it's got everything I loved about the D2 (comfort etc..) with the bi-turbo shove I loved from the C5 RS 6.

The C5 RS 6 was uncomfortable, they're unreliable and just seem thrown together last minute. The C6 is incredible, properly engineered. Do you know it has five six or seven drainage points for the oil? It's dry sump! Which miffed my service manager who charged me 0.5 hours labour for a job that took him 3 hours. I don't pay normal Audi labour rates, I paid £9 labour, the tech got paid more than that an hour.

Also, the DRC doesn't go wrong on these. Just that oil seal, maybe a wheel bearing or two. Very very minor stuff, gearbox is bulletproof. (Mine's ran 900/1000nm for 50k miles.)

Sounds like a great spec, and hopefully now you realise why I won't sell mine. Mine's got the perfect spec 2009 3G MMI, soft close, adaptive cruise, sunroof, soft close and ceramics (which you NEED for stage two).

Oh. You're so right about not being able to put your foot down in this weather, quattro or not, mine will not go in a straight line with the ESP off.

You'll start to notice how well the 40/60 quattro and DRC work, you can get it's arse hanging out and over steering when it's slightly damp.

It's fecking awesome.

Sorry, pretty broken and unstructured post. Battery about to die.

Welcome to the 5.0 Twin turbo V10 club.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds