View Single Post
Old 18th July 2023, 08:10 PM

Default Suspension gremlin = end of tether

I’m at the end of my tether with this bloody car….

I’ve had a niggling ‘fault’ with suspension. Since I’ve had the car and despite numerous attempts to investigate everyone’s drawn a blank.

I’ve tried 2 of my own independent as well as the selling garage trying 2 of theirs.

I’m thinking I might have to go Audi to try get to bottom of it as I’m running out of time to potentially reject car (3months approaching) ….. Ching ching

Ride is worse than my d2 and much worse than my d3 ever was both d3 and d4 are 3.0tdi sports.

D4 new tyres on 20s in April for mot. Wrong size put on but only width, not affecting rolling resistance.

I feel like I can feel every ripple in road, it does handle ramps/holes/speed humps very well whereas my d3 handled them soooo much better

When first purchased I was continuously getting 034 levelling fault…. This has now disappeared never to be seen again

I’ve had a hunt around and seen some stories of drive shaft issue?

There’s nothing visibly wrong, bushes looked a little perished in places but there’s no excessive play whatsoever.

Anyone with a D4L fancy comparing asap? Leicester/notts
1990 2.3 20v 7a Coupe Quattro

**SOLD** 1996 2.6 v6 cabriolet, Isis red metallic
**DEAD ** 2009 D3, 3.0tdi sport, black

Had a few Audis over the years, mostly early stuff, newest was a D3 prior to my D4, nothing much kept me smitten with other marques so I floated about a bit from one thing to another until that four ring lure caught hold