View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2018, 03:58 PM

I appreciate IT's comment but my prices were for everything else sorted including AC, just leaving 3 choices on front wing rust.

As far as I ca see convertible market has slowed down and prices gone down so I will probably keep it until spring.

Had another chat witht garage about AC, they suggested 3 options, put a sealant in the system as they could not see any leaks, fill it with hydrocarbon replacement gas instead of R134a which should slow down leaks they are bigger molecules or they could investigate leaks at evaporator as they cannot see any leaks elsewhere. That's 30+ hrs of labour @£40+Vat just to have a look @ evaporator.

I have had some more fun with the car and it goes beautifully around the corner with the extra weight down low and in the middle of car for floor strengthening. Much better in corners , flatter and less understeer than 3.0 TDI regular A4.

I never had convertible before and it was something I always wanted to try consided MX5, TT and A4 TDI before but I have to say that convertibles are not for me. Too much sun at low spoed and too much wind at high speed, I mean I should have known considering I don't like windows or sunroof open on regular cars when driving, I don't like glass sunroofs and absolutely hate panoramic sunroofs. I understand that I don't exactly help to sell this car here but I am being honest and I do not see myself buying another convertible any time soon. But I do enjoy low centre of gravity and less of front weight bias on the S4 Cab.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure

Last edited by ainarssems; 22nd September 2018 at 04:14 PM.