View Single Post
Old 28th January 2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireBloke View Post
Thanks Adrian, you're a star, I don't have them: can they be realistically retrofitted? Any idea of cost?

The lights are poor at the moment. I could also do the clean routine but I notice that the lights on my S Reg Fiesta are better right now!

Robert
They used to be arse-buckling expensive, even used, but might be worth a call to the sponsors. I'm sure people have retrofitted them in the past without issue - nothing overly special about them in terms of design.

Bulbs are the deciding factor with any headlight, and condition. If yours are milky or reflector is worn then new bulbs won't help as much.

For non-xenon bulbs I've always sworn by Philips Xtreme Vision Plus as they're about £20 a pair from major ebay sellers - I used them in the main beam support/flash in my bi-xenons and for front fogs. They burn brighter so the downside is a shorter lifespan if used as your main bulb - in our A6 you'd get a failure after 2 years.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC