View Single Post
Old 16th April 2020, 12:45 PM

Ouch The wings are bolt-on yes. New panels aren't available any more so thats moot.

Given the damage to the paint, and that the dent has pulled in the edge of the wing I would say that's beyond dent removal but its worth asking. Can you get more pics from slightly further away? I can ask my dent guy who is pretty exceptional with aluminium, but I suspect I know what he'll say.

It looks like the door at least is only damaged below the trim, however that section is mostly behind the bonded-in side impact bar so would also be practically impossible for flawless dent removal. The best you're likely to see from that is to push most of the damage out and then fill & paint.

Aluminium work-hardens so its relatively straightforward for an expert to get shopping dings out, but creases of that magnitude are pretty much impossible.

Personally I would be inclined to replace both panels as Prestige have both in stock in Ebony black, assuming yours is actually Ebony of course. Hard to tell with FEs as yours and Stephen's are definitely different blacks, despite FEs only allegedly coming in one black. You'd need to take the car up to Stockton and compare the panels side-by-side I think to be sure. That would also be preferable to shipping them to reduce the chance of damage.

Last edited by MikkiJayne; 16th April 2020 at 12:51 PM.