View Single Post
Old 28th September 2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannerrash View Post
A bit random but I thought I'd post this picture incase anyway is interested.
Not random at all. Looks like a job very well done. I'm putting myself through the same process at the moment so your picture has given me inspiration to ignore the onset of cold weather and keep going!

How did you get the Trapezium link so shiny? I've got a couple of spares which I've been cleaning up but haven't got anywhere near as shiny as yours. Are they painted?

This whole post has been very helpful btw. I've ordered up and received 4x Lemförder '35031 01' which should sort the 4D0505171L bushes. At least these D3 aftermarket ones are aluminium.

I've also orderd 2x genuine 4D0505171H from Latvia (£61 for the pair including delivery accounting for 1/3rd of the cost ) but . . . . did a comparison of the Lemforder aftermarkets 25881 01 and found that Febi Bilstein 32226 appear to be exactly the same (steel) and cross reference the Lemforder part on their website. I managed to get a couple of these in a sale for £6.50 a piece delivered. Once the Latvian genuines arrive I'll post any findings if there are differences. But the Febis do so far look similar to your Lemforders. Right down to the red dot! Appreciate Lemforder are probably the preferred brand of the two but in the interests of research and £13 I thought it would be worth giving a go.

Next conundrum is the eccentric bolts. The ones salvaged from my 22 year old spares wouldn't be reusable so I doubt my 20yr old ones will be much better. I've found the following potential replacements as I can't find genuines ANYWHERE (except A.Trad which is do-able for me but just hassle and bribery at Audi dealership I'd rather avoid for such a small bunch of items)

(clickable links underlined)

D2 part number - 4D0501387 - This is M12x1.5x104

Potential replacement - 108mm vs 104mm - WHT001662 - from a Phaeton (No3 in the picture) and does appear to be available online and likely okay to get at VW dealership too. If the bolt is M12 is the 'eccentricity' a standard shape accross platforms, does anyone know? I presume the extra 4mm will be manageable.

D2 Part number - 4D0501387A This is M12x1.5x85

Potential replacment - 87mm vs 85mm
WHT002262 - from a 2011 Audi R8 (No7 in the picture) and seem readily available. Same questions as above, is the 'eccentricity' the same? Again, presume an extra 2mm won't matter much?

Cheers,

Gregor

2009 A8 4.2 FSi LWB - Marine Blue - 164k miles. Extras? Too many to list. But I do like the Rear Seat Entertainment . . . . . .

477k miles to the moon and back. 238k to go and between them they'll have made it!