Thread: New key
View Single Post
Old 29th July 2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
The D2 chip is the glass one and can't be moved to another key as it is epoxied in place.
I remember having issues with an A4 back in the late 90s... when they weren't epoxied in place. Had washed the car at the weekend and dropped my key on the wet tarmac drive. The key literally fell apart. I picked up the 'three' pieces, two plastic sides and button battery and put it back together again.

Monday morning came and wife drove car to her work using her key. She went into work and I set about driving to mine, except the car kept dying out after starting. Tried it about a dozen times and then phoned Audi, as the car had got this far. He suggested the key might be faulty and to try another one. Got wife's key and got to work. Called into Audi later on to check key and have it coded again, only to find that the transponder was missing from inside!

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds