View Single Post
Old 15th November 2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR51GYR-A8 View Post
Lowering links all the way mate. I fitted some and it was so easy to do, I've adjusted my ride height in 5 mins as I want to go lower but now I'm at a perfect height..... The links I purchased now have an even better version out that you can adjust whilst on the car.

eBay item number.

But I have these ones.

Depends on how much you're going to adjust and lower mate....

I went for vag genuine Bentley wheels. The off set is pretty low so they don't poke out as much as I wanted so I'm going to run spacers to get the look I want. 20" is more than enough....

21" and lowering will cause issues I think, and there are far better looking wheels in 20"..... Oem high end vag wheels just work so well.

This is it pretty low for a daily driver.

But this is how it was before I dropped it some more like above pic.

Well this reply is perfect! The look of your car is pretty much what I'm aiming for except I have full tints front and rear to add to the look. The link I did think was the best way to go but wasn't sure. Do these come pre adjusted for the car or is it adjust yourself once you've got them based on the ride height that you are after?

Yeah I'm aware of the much cheaper 20"s out there, and the range is awesome, but I have seen quite a few 2015 Audi's on OEM 21's and they look the nuts even on the standard ride height. I think I found a wheel and tyre set up that will keep the rolling circumference the same as it is now whilst also keeping the front and rear identical. I wasn't keep on the staggered fitment idea, so thought best to get the same all round.

How much lower from standard is the first image and how much on the second, I use my car as a daily driver and live in Cornwall so don't want to go mental just loose the gap in the arch, space for nothing if you ask me.

Regards,

Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com