Thread: Twin Tone Horns
View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2018, 06:09 PM

Had some time today after a service made the old lady ready to munch some more miles and have progressed this a little farther.
In the fuse box at the left hand end of the dash there is a 15 Amp fuse marked as "Horn". I'm not sure if that feeds the relay coil only because the Current Flow Diagram shows the coil (via the horn button) is fed via the "Onboard Power Supply Control Unit" whilst the contacts are fed from somewhere in the cloud.
I, in my simple way, thought dead easy peasy, wrong. To get to the horns the front has to be dropped. I had a go at that and gave up after two hours trying and that was only the offside wheel area.
So new plan, disconnect the horn wire from the relay, run a new wire to somewhere the air horn will fit.

Where the bloodie hell is "A97-0403?
According to the book it is behind the driver's dash which in the UK I think is behind the glove box. I've struggled and gone in with a mega power torch and can't find anything that looks like the drawing.
Perhaps I'm working on the wrong car!!!
So easy way for me is to find a volunteer that knows what he is doing to drop the front for me while I fiddle, and then let him put it all back together again.
I've only gone and split the skin on my hand again and have had to wash the red out of the car again.
Hope that all makes sense.
Tuesday 7th August I'm off to Edinburgh for the Tattoo. No idea of the hotel yet just know three days/two nights.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)

Last edited by tc4332; 3rd August 2018 at 06:11 PM.