View Single Post
Old 28th September 2017, 05:05 PM

Default 170k mile Audi S8

Hi Southa,

Like Ian, I have not seen much reported on these cars with more than 170k miles. The highest figure I have seen over my 5 years with keeping tabs on them was 220,000 miles in the USA.

If you are keen to see the car, you are welcome to crawl all over it. I can also email you the service history (excel spreadsheet) with everything done to teh car since new. I have receipts for everything from 60,000 miles when I bought it. I was at the A8 meeting at Castle Combe last year and attended another get together back in Surrey sometime in 2013 I think, so the car is known to some people on here.

It has been my pride and joy and when I was doing 30,000 miles a year in my business, it was a wonderful place to be, especially in the winter, feeling very smug with 4WD and winter tyres. I never got stuck! I always though of it as my concert hall on wheels (the B&O) that would do a quarter mile in 12 seconds, probably close in the wet. It is sublimely smooth and is often described as a jeckell and hyde car depending whether you engage sport or not. I posted on pistonheads when another user was interested in running costs etc.

I had a warranty for 2 years because it was unknown and used that to sort out the bits and pieces over that time. You would see that in the service history. As far as I am aware, all the known items which can go wrong have been addressed. The only item not touched is the manifold flaps, because the motor driving them and the diagnostics suggest they are working just fine.

Anyway, if you want to progress further, give me a call on 07879 432887. I will be sad to see her go.

Regards

Richardracer
2006 Audi S8 V10 Now Sold. Akoya Silver with black/grey leather, standard 20" wheels, hybrid TV, Bang & Olufssen audio, Heated seats front and rear, Dension ipod integration, DAB radio, keyless entry, rear electric blind, bluetooth connection to Apple iphone6S. Started at 60,000 miles end April 12. Now 171,500 miles as at Oct 2017. Now sold to fellow forum member.