Thread: Road Tax Prices
View Single Post
Old 9th October 2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
I cannot understand why anyone would base their car choice on the cost of road fund licence when the difference is less than 2 tanks of petrol.

It grieves me that my tax is more than my insurance, but I wouldn't switch to a lesser car just to save £215 per annum on tax.

Exactly, I have to agree with Sarg on this one.
Basically, F**K the road tax, it is what it is and you wont get away from paying it. Yes, you can reduce the annual cost, but it's something you pay every year not 100quid every month.
I'm not saying that A8 is my ultimate dream car, but I would never compromise on my lets call it ''dream'' or decent car because of 250quid !!!
Of course some people have to watch their budget, but if you can afford to have A8 then you can afford 500 road tax a year.
It is painful when paying it, but do you guys remember how quickly you forget about handing over this amount of money to post office lady??? It usually takes me about a minute=distance from the post office to the car park where my car is parked. As soon I'm behind the wheel I can;t remember handing over any money to anyone

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten