View Single Post
Old 11th March 2009, 08:39 PM

well i done it folks its took its time but been the first to do it always has it probs LOL i should know with me van and trailer. found lots of things about xbox that have been put in to car with after market screens but not the original sat nav.
quick run down ile do a better one so it can be made a sticky if wanted,

1 first the xbox 360 even before it went in it needs work if u want to do it right.
Need to get DVD drive out and under the laserput some sticky pad sponge, why u ask? Simple as the car bounce's about the disk will move in tray and poss cause scratching to disk so put the padsat bottom of drive to stop this.
if u have a thompson drive its been done.
so xbox 360 is ready.

2 next holder/ carrier havnt sorted this bit my self yet LOL

3 Power the xbox 360 in car most use a inverter that converts dc to ac for xbox 360 it can draw upto 300w. So safe with either a 500w or 600w.

3b Other option is dc to dc converter( as the xbox is 12vdc)
so if u have a inverter all u r doing is changing power from car 12dc to 240ac so u can convert it back to 12v dc for xbox if u go dc to dc converter put a power surge inline but saying that to be safe do it with both eve tho both ways should have one built in.

4 need the av input to the tuner

5 as u will see from above it isnt that easy ( lok above) u will need to find a way around one of the options above ive gone pal to ntsc, normal one might still give u problems still, as u can see above problems there were issues with uk and north USA. so wasnt sure if the pal to ntse converter would fix it all.
Thought i was going to havto use both av's on the tuner inputs
to go like this.
L/R/V cable from xbox to Y splitter 1 set of leads to the pal to ntsc convert then to av1 to tuner input (this would cure north USA black and white and be able to play games at 60hz but cant watch dvd's as they roll on screen.

second set of leads from Y splitter straight to tunner input av2 with screen set to UK that will cure not been able to play dvd's.
Bobs your uncle u got it all other than when u go on to UK need to put xbox setting back to 50hz.
As u can see lots of messing about so after a lot of hunting ive found a converter that will change any signal pal/nstc/ and others plus auto changes Hz's from 60hz to 50hz so now i can put the screen onto UK and ive got all working, but at a cost.
viedo below shows u me playing in car on xbox live wireless other plays didnt belive i was in my car playing this LOL. If u watch video im in the quattro winding up some guys in a scooby and evo. after teasing that and won race lol.
ile try and find away of making this make more sense and give links to the items u need.