View Single Post
Old 25th July 2020, 01:21 PM
Banned

Default How to change valve block in the car

How to change valve block in the car:

You are doing this at your own risk.

Move your seat like this:

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY

Use your fingers to pull out the zip from the side of the back rest and cut the staple holding both sites together, then undo the zip:

Carefully pull the center piece up. There are two green connectors hidden at either end, diconnect them:

There is another black cable which prevents the center padded piece from going up, follow it up with your hand until you find the connector disconnect it, then you can pull it out by moving it to either side of the seat.
Then carefully lift up the center piece and support it with something so that it doesnt come down, I used a screw driver:

Then remove the right hand side bolster padding by bending the metal tabs out with a flat head screw driver. I think there's 6 of them including one at the very bottom of the back rest.

There will be another, shorterter zip at the very bottom of the bolster, undo it the same way you did the first one (no pic)

Then carefully 'peel off' as much leather as you can, and lift up the foam underneath it which will reveal a sort of a leather pouch, thats where the pump motor and pressure sensors are, follow the tubes coming out of it and you will find the valve block:

Once you located the valve block, brake it off its mounting bracket (mine was already broken off) its the only way to do it without removing the seats. Then swap the old valve block for the bmw one:

Put everything back the way it was. I used some tape just to hold it together as i was putting the seat back together:

And put the seat back together, sewing the zips you opened with a needle like this:

Last edited by Ronin; 25th July 2020 at 01:24 PM.