View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:34 PM

Default Pcg valve delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2_bo View Post
Many thanks for the advice, so you would recommend to leave it as it is and just clean and decoke everything?
I also noticed on this thread that the pictures show each bearing for the relevant flap is riveted to the casing but when I ran my finger down the inside of the air way behind the bearings there are no plastic rivets sticking through its just smooth metal so perhaps these are melted on like you say.

Anyway thats not really important I just thought it was odd how they seam to be different.

I will do the inlet valves too as they are totally covered with build up of carbon.
Ill have a look at changing that seal on the oil filter housing too if thats worth doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daandaman View Post
Hey Bo,

Taking them out is not really an option without damaging the 'bearings' as they are melted into position.
I have yet to find out how the sealing works on the input shaft (where the lever plate is attached) but I expect to find a very thick (maybe square) o-ring in a groove in the plastic so it will probably seal pretty well even though the play is quite excessive compared to a new one indeed.

I would advice when assembling it again to use a non setting sealant so in the future it will be easy to open again.

Now that the manifold is off it pays to renew the seal between the oil filter housing and the block.

Subscribe to this thread because in the future I will notify on here when my PCV delete kit is done so no more contaminating and deteriorating vapors into this relatively weak assembly, and when my repair kit is done for people with broken flaps.
Please can you let me know as well, planning manifold flap delete and decode soon.
2006 Audi S8 V10 Now Sold. Akoya Silver with black/grey leather, standard 20" wheels, hybrid TV, Bang & Olufssen audio, Heated seats front and rear, Dension ipod integration, DAB radio, keyless entry, rear electric blind, bluetooth connection to Apple iphone6S. Started at 60,000 miles end April 12. Now 171,500 miles as at Oct 2017. Now sold to fellow forum member.