View Single Post
Old 6th March 2024, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Sounds like a lovely car. I am not looking for one and I am not up to date with the values, and £29.5k could be a fair price. But regarding your comment about loosing £2.5k in 10 months, you cannot compare price from Audi dealer to a private sale. I would expect loosing a lot more just driving off the dealers car lot.
That was my gut reaction too, especially given 2nd hand values are way weaker than they were then and 2.5k is barely even the VAT involved.

What is the Autotrader recommended private sale price, or the trade value on the usual sites?

PS I'm not in the market either, I may look to sell the M5 shortly, bought 12 months ago, btu expecting to take a circa 10k hit, not 2.5k !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcjd View Post
You’re absolutely right, but, being a Yorkshire man that feels a big sting.
Of course, when you buy a brand new car from the dealer you expect to lose a lot of money instantly, but, when the car gets older the depreciation should be less than the initial .
I could never afford to buy a brand new car from Audi (wouldn’t even if I could), but, when I bought this A8 it seemed a very competitive price, given that it cost around 84-86k when new.
That’s why I mentioned that figure.
If I were to trade back into Audi…..the trade in figure would be about 23k….and I’m not prepared to take a 9k hit over 10 months…..that’s crazy. ��
Btw …..the car is as lovely as it sounds……but…..I do miss my D3 4.2 tdi……now that was a car!
9k seems more about right to be honest, think you might be being a bit unrealistic - if trade in is 23k, private sale is 24-25k IMHO - and the warranty you mention only has a single month left to run, so has very little value - I have bought an extended BMW warranty for mine to help it sell when I do get round to it
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Last edited by sarg; 6th March 2024 at 09:31 AM.