View Single Post
Old 20th February 2021, 06:39 PM

General Vod back in the haus! I woke up this morning genuinely excited to have a few days on The General again, since he is one of the nicest D2s to work on. Everything comes apart, nothing is ever seized or broken (or bodged!), its all just simple and satisfying

He's in for some sympathetic upgrades, since worn-out comfort suspension is not the best for his primary role of blasting around the Wiltshire countryside. The driving experience is more akin to a yacht than I'm used to, having to set the craft up to change direction a fair way before the corner, waiting for it to respond to the helm, and then hoping you don't capsize halfway round He already has 18" sport wheels as you can see, and so we're upgrading to Sport spec with a Bilstein B12 kit and S8 front and rear anti-roll bars (the comfort ones are comically tiny).

Also on the agenda is a brake upgrade since the HP2s were never up to much anyway, and have a tendency to catch fire on the twisty bits when the handling is so vague.

Today was spent dismandling the brakes and suspension ready to receive the new parts. Lots of Wiltshire in here!

The rear brake pipes came out without a fuss. That never happens.

Original rear tie rods also came out without a fuss. That also never happens.

Front end also stripped. The tie rod ends, of course, came loose without a fuss.

I'm going to leave all this for a few days to dry out so I can clean off the mud more easily, just so its easier to reassemble everything. I'll prep all the new parts while that's happening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	62.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	25606   Click image for larger version

Name:	63.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	25607   Click image for larger version

Name:	64.jpg
Views:	444