View Single Post
Old 9th November 2020, 06:01 AM

Intresting stuff, I might be downloading WinOLS and taking a look. I had my A8 4.2tdi D3 remapped on stock hardware and was down on power on the dyno 300hp 630nm took it to the Perfomance Centre in Sunderland, they upped it to 340hp 866nm, which if I honest looking back was disappointing however they thought it was to do with carbon build up but I wasn't sure. looking at a lot of dyno video for the A8 4.2tdi BVN the car seems like 340-360 peak is about right for stock hardware with everything intact. Since then I removed the dpfs and egrs and removed the silencers, changed the glow plugs and fitted a new clean top manifold and oil service and BMC air filters and it feels faster to when it was only remapped I think, I'm doing the swirl flaps next when I get some time off. The max peak hp I've seen dyno proven without modifying the turbos is around 385hp dyno proven, theres some claim 430+ on the D3 without uprgading turbos but I dont think thats possible, if you upgrade the turbos yeah, those figures probably only possible on the d4 as they have upgraded compressor wheels and upped rail pressure as standard along with different intercoolers and gearbox. Hope the tuning goes well and will be interesting watching your progress

Last edited by jonnypym123; 9th November 2020 at 06:11 AM.