View Single Post
Old 16th January 2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carson View Post
I must say I did not like the implied dishonesty from one of your members, but I suppose every forum has one.
Well, the only person who used the word 'dishonest' was me, and the comment was:

I'm not accusing you of being dishonest, but your approach to selling your car doesn't reflect that.

If I thought you were dishonest, I would have come out and said it, but there was too much reluctance on your behalf to give out information, and most people would think you had something to hide.

I've been on the receiving end myself. Before the A8, I had a '01 A4 2.5 tdi. When I was selling it, I documented absolutely everything I did to the car, including using Slick 50. I was then accused of trying to sell a car with a knackered engine, simply because others use Slick 50 to hide oil leaks.

Do I think you're dishonest? I don't know you from Adam, so can't make that judgement, and I'm not a keyboard warrior. My initial response may have come across to you as an accusation, but then that's your opinion of my statement, in the same way my response was based on your statement/advert.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds