View Single Post
Old 1st March 2020, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Fuse locations

There is a relay somewhere but not sure which one it is.

Fuel pump is on the right side in the boot. Lift the carpet and remove the metal cover. There are more wires there as you have wires for level sensor as well. I don't remember wire colours but it's fairly obvious which are for the pump as the sensor wires are smaller/thinner. You can test the voltage at these wires with mulitimeter or test light. Pump is powered only for a second or 2 when you switch on ignition, while starting and when engine is running so it's a 2 man job to test - one checking for power while the other switch on ignittion.
Thanks very much for posting the decal as mine is missing when I just went to look

DARN! After double checking with ELSAWIN against the decal you posted it seems that someone has installed an incorrect fuse in position 1 of the blue(ST4) fuse carrier. The fuse is OK but it is 20A. Could that have led to the fuel pump burning out or something I wonder? Just off to check for power at the pump now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
The relay is in the relay panel in the passenger footwell, in the bottom row. Not sure which one it is, but failure is rare compared to the pump itself. With the carpet up you should hear it click on and off when you turn the ignition on.

It probably is worth giving it a thump on the bottom of the tank to see if that does anything. Its not going to make it any worse
Found the relay - position 6. It clicks when ignition turns on and I can feel that with my finger.

No clicks from the pump or any other noise when ignition turned on or when cranking.