View Single Post
Old 5th February 2017, 02:02 PM

I am pretty sure the dash comes as a separate shell from the metal extrusion it is attached to. The ones I looked at on ebay seem to be without extrusion and are fairly cheap, quite a few under £200. Then again I am looking for a LHD version on German ebay.
When I was looking for my car I had more important criteria (manual, no sunroof, body colour and sound engine) and had to compromise on the interior. I dont mind cream interiors when well maintained, but I really don't like the way Audi did their D2 cream interior with the top part and dash being a muddy brown colour. They should have taken a lesson from Jag cream interiors which are much more nicely matched. So in my case that brown colour dash just has to go, I just have to be very careful fitting the next dash to make it look neat.
I thought about re-colouring and even got a professional spray, but to my mind Audi's soft touch plastics are very well made with an expensive look especially in a D2, re-spraying would just not look the same in my opinion.