View Single Post
Old 25th July 2023, 08:18 PM

That’s a bigger, I’m no good wi spanner’s n have a bit of a heavy hand so I’m no good at this stuff, but do enjoy seeing others get it done then get myself fed up that I can’t lol…..

Yes I’ll probably try tick a few more boxes on my next one

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynH View Post
Sorry mbuk...just seen your post. I don't receive any notifications of replies.

Short answer - no. I never did finish the wiring.

Long answer - it is a complete ball-ache of a job! Not only figuring out the connections which I pretty much did with the help of a couple of others but trim/seat removal, wiring runs/cable routing and trying to fit a couple of large connectors through into the rear armrest etc. which forced me to abandon the job.

Ended up with a broken rear console lid latch and a sticky mess wherever the cloth-taped harness touched as its all tacky.

Wish I had never started it.

I might take another look when I get over my depression(!) and just do a bit at a time but I still need to figure out how to remove the rear set backs/rear armrest and also remove the front seats as I can't see any fixings.

I would strongly discourage attempting this retrofit yourself but if you really feel you can't live without it I would sell your current car and buy one with it factory fitted!

Hope that helps?

-=Glyn=-
1990 2.3 20v 7a Coupe Quattro

**SOLD** 1996 2.6 v6 cabriolet, Isis red metallic
**DEAD ** 2009 D3, 3.0tdi sport, black

Had a few Audis over the years, mostly early stuff, newest was a D3 prior to my D4, nothing much kept me smitten with other marques so I floated about a bit from one thing to another until that four ring lure caught hold