View Single Post
Old 17th January 2018, 08:16 PM

Thank you for your reply Snapdragon, it's all really useful for a newbie. I think a comprehensive buying guide for the different models is in order! Hehe, sorry to be new and all demanding!

DPFs make me nervous but I'll like something with no more than 100k on ideally so hopefully that should be fine. I guess given a choice i'd like a 4.2 FSI but they seem very few and far between for 2009/10. I am used to big engined petrols so that doesn't worry me. Colour combo is more important than engine, even though it makes me sound like a girl!

I think I'll stick to my guns on the reversing camera and maybe let my LWB prejudice slip a bit. I've never actually driven a LWB, I assumed it wouldn't handle as well, newbie mistake!

I'm actually quite relaxed about spec, beyond that, which is unusual for me! Let's be honest, even the most poverty specced 8 isn't doing too bad! But it needs that camera!

Can the AMI be fitted easily if it's not present or is it an expensive/impossible job?

I also have a question about the LED rear lights. Are they expensive to get replaced? I have seen a few cars with dead LEDs and I don't know how relaxed I should be about that?

Plus I need to find a really good VAG indie in south Hampshire as we do not have any on the island, only a main dealer. I want to get the car before I need it so I can sort any issues before it's pressed into service!

Thanks to everyone, seems a great place here and I'm glad I got here before I actually took the plunge!