View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:37 PM

Hi all, thanks again for your replies, however I have an update.

As well as the shifter lights lighting up all at once and the gearbox going into limp mode there have/has been some other strange problems.
I haven't had the car for long and since purchasing it, the parking sensors had a mind of there own and mostly wouldn't work properly. But a few times they did, which I thought was strange. I had the car scanned on VCDS and nothing came up.

Then last weekend my wife and I loaded the kids into the car and push chair in the boot etc, then I tried to start the car and there wasn't enough power to turn the engine over!
Now I don't know how old the battery is (Bosch S4), but as I use the car only at weekends I thought it would be best to just get a new battery and save the messing about.
So I bought a top of the range Exide Premium (1000CCA) and all of a sudden my parking sensors are working all the time without fail and the gearbox isn't going into limp mode anymore which is great, but I don't want to speak too soon!

So my conclusion is that the voltage from the battery wasn't up to scratch and in turn caused some electrical issues.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?

1999 Audi S8
1995 Audi URS6 Avant 2.2t
1993 Audi Cabrio 2.3 5cyl
1992 Audi 100 Quattro 2.8v6
2003 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDi